Are you looking for a way to smooth away skin pigmentation or old tattoos you're no longer attached to? With the cutting-edge, advanced PicoSure laser, we’re able to do just that. At The Maercks Institute, we go beyond plastic surgery treatments to offer the most advanced techniques and results with non-invasive treatments.
What is PicoSure?
PicoSure is the world’s first picosecond laser for aesthetic use. A picosecond laser has a shorter pulse duration, operating at speeds measured in trillionths of a second. This allows the laser to generate energy in the form of pressure or pulsed shock waves with very little or no heat generation. What does this mean?
- Tattoos cleared with far less discomfort and fewer treatments, and skin pigmentation imperfections erased with no downtime.
What makes PicoSure unique?
What makes PicoSure unlike any of our other heat-based technologies? This laser treatment employs advanced versatility to promote a natural healing process and achieve results with precision–and no downtime. Age, sun damage, and other factors can cause skin pigmentation concerns that are often treated with more invasive skin treatments or lasers.
Due to the generated energy in the form of pulsed shock waves with very little or no heat generation, PicoSure is a more gentle treatment and requires no recovery period of downtime–but achieves outstanding results.
Tattoo Removal with PicoSure
Tattoo removal with the PicoSure is fast and effective and has a record of 100 percent clearance after only three sessions*.
PicoSure’s PressureWave technology shatters and eliminates the underlying tattoo ink into microscopic particles. These particles can easily be eliminated and disposed of by the body. With traditional tattoo removal, a nanosecond laser is used to painfully melt the pigment.
PicoSure Tattoo Removal Benefits:
- Can remove ALL ink colors
- Treats all skin types and colors
- Uses pressure energy instead of heat to destroy the ink
- Requires no downtime
- Tattoos can be completely removed in as little as 3 treatments*
- No risk of burning or blistering
- Minimal risk of skin discoloration
- Can treat new and old tattoos
- Can treat failed treatments with other lasers
Skin pigmentation concerns resolved with PicoSure
With PicoSure, you’re able to deliver rapid energy to a target area to vibrate and break apart darker pigments and damaged cells within the skin and revitalize it. This treatment is perfect to address the majority of pigmentary conditions, including:
- Age spots
- Sun damage
- Pigmented lesions
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scarring
- Moles and birthmarks
Who is a candidate for PicoSure laser treatments?
Candidates are men and women with any skin type or color who would like to address skin imperfections or pigmentation concerns, or who would like to remove an unwanted tattoo. Ideal candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Are generally in good health
- Are struggling with uneven pigmentation
- Have an unwanted tattoo or tattoos
- Have not recently tanned in the sun or a tanning bed
- Have realistic expectations about what this treatment can achieve for them
While there is no downtime after PicoSure treatments, you may experience slight redness and minor swelling. This will last for only a few hours. A cooling cream may be applied to ease the skin if there is any discomfort.
Be gentle and care for your skin with these tips until it’s fully healed:
- Don’t rub rough material over the treated area
- Avoid touching or picking at the treated area
- Use sunscreen and do not prolong sun exposure
- Avoid chlorinated water for 1-2 days
Why choose The Maercks Institute?
At The Maercks Institute, our patients come first. That’s why we are always looking for the latest effective, modern treatments that provide the most outstanding results for our patients. We offer cutting-edge treatments and procedures, ever working toward the most beautiful, natural outcomes with the most minimal downtime.
Dr. Rian Maercks is a board-certified cosmetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgery specialist whose training in fine arts and philosophy created the framework through which he explores the world of medicine and plastic surgery. With his highly trained, attentive staff, he seeks to provide clients with the very best of the best, and he welcomes you to his practice.